We are thrilled you are interested in auditioning for our Dance Nation Company
or our Pre Professional Team!
Please read all the information on this page carefully so you and your dancer are as prepared as possible for the big day!
Date: Friday, July 12
Times: 7 and younger: 9am-10:30am
8-11 years: 11am-1pm
12 years and up: 1:30-3:30pm
Audition Fee: $10 per dancer
What to wear: Please have your dancer wear a leotard (any color) and tights or a crop top and shorts. Boys may wear a t-shirt and shorts/athletic pants. Hair secured in a bun. Please bring ballet, jazz, tap shoes and sneakers.
What to expect: It's natural to be a little nervous when you go to an audition. We will do our best to put your dancer at ease and make it as fun and stress-free as possible. We will start off by taking a headshot of your dancer. We will be auditioning all dancers in the following styles (even if they've never done them before): ballet technique, tap, jazz, and hip hop. *If you would like to help your dancer feel even more confident/prepared, we are offering an Audition Prep Camp this year.
Judges: We will have some guest judges who specialize in different genres of dance to help us make objective decisions on team and solo/duet/trio placements.
Results: You will find out if your dancer has made our company within 48 hours of auditions. If he/she made our company, you will receive a packet of information, including all the groups they have been asked to be in within a few weeks of auditions.
IMPORTANT: We will not respond to emails or phone calls about where dancers have been placed after auditions. We ask that parents DO NOT contact the studio about Company placements. We know dancers/parents may initially be upset or disappointed with their placements. However, we find after the initial let-down, dancers are almost always extremely happy with their groups within few weeks of the season starting.
We ask that parents refrain from contacting us for at least 2 months after auditions about concerns about placements/levels. If after that time, parents still have concerns, they may schedule an appointment to discuss any questions/concerns that remain.
Please trust us as professionals that we will do what is best for your dancer!
FAQ's about Auditions
- What is the commitment involved in Company? Click here to learn more about our Competition Team and our Pre Professional Team.
- Are parents allowed to watch auditions? No. No one is permitted to watch auditions, other than our judges.
- How are competition groups determined? We take a lot into consideration when determining the best group(s) for each dancer. Ability, age, personality, work ethic, behavior, maturity, and confidence level, etc.
- Will all dancers be placed on a team? No. Sometimes, we deem it best that a student needs more time in traditional dance before they are ready to compete. This has nothing to do with their potential as a dancer. They just may need more time to learn the dance essentials or they may need to gain more confidence in the regular classroom first. It may also just mean that we do not have a team that fits them well this year.
- What if my dancer was not placed on the team(s) they were hoping to be on? This is one of the hard lessons all dancers face at some point in their journey. There will be disappointments and rejections and we know how difficult that can be. However, those very times, can be what really makes the difference in their dance careers. It can push them to work even harder and to persevere in hard times. It does not mean they are not a good dancer. We will always look to the best interest of each dancer when determining what groups they are placed in, whether or not they get a solo/duet, or are invited on our Prepro Team. We would never hold a dancer back because of their age and we will not necessarily move them up because of their age either. Please trust us as professionals that we will do what is best for your dancer! If your dancer is upset by their placements, please encourage them by assuring them that the group(s) they are picked for will be a perfect fit for them and that if they continue to work hard it will pay off in the long run.
- Can my child be in a solo and/or a duet? You can let us know if your dancer has an interest in a solo/duet/trio. However, we will only select dancers for solos/duets/trios who have shown the work ethic, the confidence level, the proper behavior and the ability to handle them. If your dancer has never competed before, most likely we will not give them a solo/duet/trio their first year of competing.